EDUCATION – TEACHING
Professional Tutors of America; Brea, CA
- Taught Basic Math, Algebra I, Reading, English, Humanities, History, Science, Chemistry to various students in South Central and Greater LA. Provided individualized intensive intervention and assessment for clients with a range of learning differences, including dyslexia, ADD, academic difficulties, language processing problems, motivational and self esteem problems, weak social, organizational, and study skills.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION/TEACHER
Sylvan Learning Center, Utah, Culver City, & Tarzana, CA
- Taught students ages 5 and up Beginning Reading, Academic Reading, Math, Writing, Study Skills, Speed Reading Assisted in School Administrative duties such as: Diagnostic Testing, Training Teachers, Developing workshops, Implementing Individual Educational Plans, Planning and Attending Teacher and Parent Conferences
Orem, Utah and Los Angeles, CA
- Used creative innovative methods to teach Elementary and High School students from various backgrounds a variety of subjects including Math, Reading, Writing and Study Skills. Home- schooled grade 2, 3,4 and 7 in all Academic Areas including self esteem building.
BEVERLY HILLS TUTORING CENTER
Home Schooled: Humanities, & English to children of celebrities. Tutored: Basic Math, English, Reading, Study Skills, Test Prep, etc.
THEATRE ARTS TEACHER
BYU, Student Leadership Development
- Worked as one of 18 counselors for 168 high school students planning to attend BYU.
- Planned and administered workshops and activities; provided stewardship over ten junior girls. Provided academic peer counseling and assistance.
ADMINISTRATIVE TRAINING ASSISTANT
BYU Student Leadership Development
- Developed and presented part-time employee training programs for: department orientation, receptionist positions, computer programs, cash training, patron service, and customer training.
- Maintained inventory and check-out system for library resources and equipment.
- Provided general office support: filing, phone calls and typing.
- Assisted with planning and implementing selected department workshops and conferences
Musical Director & Songwriter for BYU's Annual "Traditions Showcase"
Wrote, directed and starred in the Musical Revue, “Inside Out”
ADDITIONAL COURSES & INSTRUCTORS:
Stand Up Comedy: Cary Odes
Voice Over: Delores Diehl
TV Show Hosting & Comedy: Paul Ryan
Acting for Film & TV: Tim Slover Directing Theory & Practice: Charles Metton
Acting Intensive: Michelle Danner, George Nelson
In addition to singing jazz, I enjoy writing music, writing musicals, painting, drawing riding my bike and hiking.