How to Warm up for Auditions
How to Warm Up Your Instrument For an Audition or Performance
Below is a brief summary about how to warm up for an audition, or any performance. Of course you want to make sure you:
- know your material like the back of your hand
- get enough rest the evening before
- hydrate yourself with room temperature water
- avoid dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, chocolate and any refined sugars
- wear clothes that look good and that you can actually move comfortably in (always practice wearing the clothes you plan on wearing for your audition)
- visualize yourself going through the motions of singing powerfully in front of your audience.
Now that we've gone over these basic things, watch the video to learn a warm up routine for your entire Vocal Instrument (Mind, Soul and Body) and have amazing confidence, presence and power while you sing.